Kale is often times called a super green, and is healthier than spinach.Kale benefits are limitless we will give you 6 of them.
The queen of greens! Powerful antioxidants help us fight infection,a great detoxifier for your liver!
1. One serving of kale contains 121 milligrams of omega-3 fatty acids, a significant amount of the 500 milligrams recommended daily intake. Omega-3 fatty acids help your body remain healthy by aiding in building cell membranes and protecting you from heart disease and stroke.
2. Kale is full of vitamins. One cup of cooked kale contains over 1,000 percent of Vitamin K and nearly 100 percent of vitamins A and C. It also houses over 10 percent of manganese, copper and Vitamin B6. And 10 percent of your body’s need for fiber.
3.Kale help support heart health. It’s all thanks to the high fiber, potassium, vitamin C and B6 content kale contains. Potassium is a very important part of heart health -high intakes of it are also associated with reduced risk of stroke.
4. Kale has risk-lowering benefits for cancer. Some studies suggest that eating kale can reduce the risk of bladder, breast, colon, ovary and prostate cancer. Research have shown that isothiocyanates have cancer-inhibiting benefits.
You may also like
5. Kale has cholesterol-lowering abilities. The cholesterol-lowering ability of steamed kale was compared with the cholesterol-lowering ability of the prescription drug cholestyramine. Seriously. It’s all thanks to its bile acid sequestrants.
6. Plus, kale has so many antioxidants. Not only does it contain alpha-lipoic acid, an antioxidant that has been shown to lower glucose levels in diabetics, but it’s also loaded with flavonoids like quercetin and kaempferol. These have been studied intensely for their anti-inflammatory and blood-pressure lowering abilities.
These are some of the benefits of eating kale.